DEVMED (Développement Méditerranée) is a training centre and social enterprise that addresses different actors in the economic development; we give trainings and coaching on the development of competences, training methodology, accompanying and integration in the local market of the unemployed people, NEETS, trainees in vocational centers .
Devmed accompanies as well employees in the phase of reorientation.
DEVMED works with two main groups:
- Professionals and workers in the field of life-long learning.
- Unemployed, NEETS, women victims of domestic and sexual abuse, and migrants.
DEVMED had a thorough experience in projects that worked in the field of training and development of competencies.
DEVMED participates frequently in multilateral projects to build the capacities of professionals working with disadvantaged public and give access to the public to different cultures and a better knowledge of other cultures.
DEVMED has an experience in different projects such as a project with Jordan that aimed at helping youths from poor areas and immigration camps to improve their health and social status through sports.
Several children and youths were selected from extremely poor areas including several immigration camps. A process of helping those beneficiaries get proper clothing, access health, and even obtain civil registration as 75% of the beneficiaries didn’t even have ID or birth certificates.
Then we offered 45 youths between the age of 14-18 accompanied by social trainers and coaches to go to France and play against football clubs such as AC Arles club and integrate the activities of several social centers such as Mas Thibert social center.
DEVMED was a coordinator and a coordinator for several Erasmus projects. The projects mainly had the the following objectives:
- Generate some knowledge on the factors that limit the integration of fragile populations, in a territorial approach (local, national and European);
- Register the partnership in an initiative of co-production of methods and tools, allowing the increase in the chances of social and professional integration of the targeted public;
- Improve the knowledge of the actors and the practices mobilized in every partner region, to contribute to a successful integration of the targeted public;
- Enhancing the chances of unemployed adults and prisoners in the phase of liberation to access an employment;
- Producing the knowledge for and with each learner, in order to optimise his/her chances in integrating existing trainings and/or find an employment;
- Valuing the informal and intercultural skills that could be transformed into real experience and help the learner find a job.