Asociación Iniciativa Internacional Joven is an NGO from Málaga (Spain) created in 2003 from a group of youths who after participating in international programmes and activities, concluded that these experiences had been very important to change their life. Therefore, they decided to share them with other young people, collectives and associations, to enhance the interest in participating in international programs and exchanges, learning languages, realizing voluntary work, raising awareness, tolerance and respect for other cultures, etc. thereby contributing to personal and professional development of young people and adults.
The main objectives of the organization are:
- Encourage the development of plans, programs and project that impact the benefit of youth and adults;
- Improve the training of officials, technicians, youth and other people involved with the society, at local and international level;
- Enhance integration and development of citizens at different levels: training, employment, social and cultural activities, health, sports, languages and intercultural learning;
- Contribute to the development cooperation of the poorest countries and the poorest sectors of the population.
To achieve it, Iniciativa Internacional Joven (AIIJ) carries out studies, researches and activities to improve adult employability, cooperates with other public and private institutions to create youth projects and programs and it designs training courses and workshops on areas of interest.
Main areas and socio-educational tools used by the organization:
- Art and Creativity;
- Participation and Volunteering;
- Sports and Healthy Life;
- Gender Equity;
- Personal development and entrepreneurship;
- Culture of Peace and Interculturality.
The methodology is based on non-formal education, Paulo Freire’s pedagogy for liberation and emotional intelligence.
AIIJ has experience in coordinating international short and longterm Erasmus+ projects, such as Mobilities of Youth Workers/Training Courses, Capacity Building projects in the field of youth, Strategic Partnerships in the field of Youth and Adult Education and Small Collaborative Partnerships in the field of Sport, among them, the project “Sport for Life”, coordinated by AIIJ in 2017, has been awarded as “good practice” by the European Union.
AIIJ was also partner of the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership in the field of Adult Education supporting innovation called “Culture-Lab”, approved by Polish National Agency and selected as good practice at European level.